The truly lovely and crazy funny Genina, over at My Beautiful 604, has awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Genina!
In order to accept this award, the recipient must complete the following:
- Thank the person who gave them this award.
- Share 7 things about themself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who they have recently discovered and who they think are fantastic!
With this honor, I am tasked with sharing seven things about myself with my readers. So, here goes…
As a parent, I am a strange blend of crunchy and conservative–I am full of contradictions.
Here are seven things to illustrate this:
Let me preface this list by saying that I do not believe that it is my place to impose my choices onto others. What is right for my family is not necessarily what is right for someone else’s. Informed choices are the best choices.
1. I breastfeed and I am an advocate of extended nursing. My plan had been to nurse Katie until she turned two, but at 21 months, she was done. I was saddened, but always said that when it wasn’t a mutual relationship, we would stop. Hopefully Matthew will make it to the two-year mark. Once he turns two, I’m probably cutting him off.
2. I delayed solids with Katie until she turned 8 months, when we introduced cereal. We waited until 10 months for additional foods. I hope to hold off on all solids with Matthew until he turns 10 months.
3. I made all of Katie’s food from organic, whole ingredients. I loved trying different baby food recipes and knowing that I had a freezer full of things that I had made for her. I look forward to making Matthew’s food as well.
4. We didn’t co-sleep. I am a firm believer in teaching good sleep habits, which for our family, means everyone in their own bed, falling asleep on his/her own.
5. I wish I could say that I am in love with baby wearing, but I am not. Katie refused to be worn, so I got off the hook pretty easily with her. Matthew is, however, much more willing. I have a Maya Wrap and a Moby Wrap, and while they are each nice, I end up in pain and rather claustrophobic after wearing him for very long.
6. I don’t cloth diaper. I didn’t even consider it.
7. I’m a rule follower, but I’m technically listing only six things about myself and I’m passing this award on to just five people because it is crazy at our house today!
Here’s who I’ve chosen to pass the award on to: